1. Positive- Not only do I mean that you must always think in terms of the good things happening, the good things that you want, and the good you can create. But you need to be especially sure that those things are coming and being created. You need to be firm in your assertion of such things.
This word is needed to shift your perspective. As you begin to focus more on the brighter side of life, you will notice more of it and you will “call” more of it into your life. Check out this article I wrote on the power of Positive.
2. Persistence – Never give up, keep going and pursuing your dreams no matter what anyone says.
You should be stubborn about getting to your destination, not stubborn about the route, stubborn about achieving the goal. The world will give you all the reasons in the world why you can keep going, you need to have the strength to move on anyway.
This word is needed to achieve anything that could be considered a major accomplishment. Check out the power of “until” and “keep” in the Think Free Be Free Audio Book to see more of what I mean.
3. Dream- Walt Disney has been quoted as saying that dreams are a preview to life’s coming attractions.
Dream often and dream big; but don’t just dream at random, hone in on a goal and dream of achieving it.
Focus your imagination on the things you want, and dream about having them often.
Be careful not to spend too much time dreaming and not enough time doing. The world is changed by the dreamers only when they start doing stuff. Check out this article on the power of imagination.
4. Value- Value is a word that we all seem to only get by accident. In a world where we measure everything in terms of price, the value in our lives has been declining for the last 40-50 years. Price and value are related in that they correlate and give substance to each other, but while you can use value to measure price, you cannot use price to measure value.
We are normally cheated out of value by the object that has the lowest price, or by assuming that just because something has a big tag we assume value. Learn to read for and to find value in everything in your life, not just the things you buy. When you can effectively find value, you can effectively offer it, and that will enrich your life.
5. Risk- Risk is that space that separates you from your dreams, sometimes you find a bridge sometimes you have to jump; but you are always risking the comfortable known for the uncomfortable unknown. Risk is putting your current life on the line for a better one, it could end up worse sure but it could also end up better. The only way to truly be successful is to take a risk, isn’t it ironic that we feel most alive while in the midst as well.
Take your risk but make sure they are calculated, you don’t want to jump off a cliff only to find that not only did you forget to pack a parachute, but you also didn’t notice the bridge a little ways down that lead to your destination anyway.
What are some words you think someone would need to refocus, and turn it around? How do you feel about these?