1. You are who you believe yourself to be. Put simply, if you believe you’re an honest person you will be compelled to be honest. This is more than lip service however, you must be honest with yourself when analyzing the way you feel about yourself.
2. You are your associations. Ever notice how similar you and your friends behave, how your lives begin to take the same shape. If not then you probably don’t spend much time around them so look at the people you do spend a lot of time with. The phrase birds of a feather flock together is true, and where else would you expect to find a diehard Tennis enthusiast but at the Tennis Court with others like them. This also explains why when you change up your habits or try to change yourself in general the people you spend the most time with have the biggest problem with it. That’s because you are no longer a bird of their feather.
3. Your present is the sum of the choices of your past. Whether or not you choose to accept it, your present is in some way, shape, or form a result of your past actions and choices. If you have been an adult for the last 5 years or more then we can also safely say that you have had a direct or indirect influence on those choices. If you want to brighten your future, make better choices in the present; because your present is a gift that isn’t fully appreciated until a future date.
4. Your Attitude determines your altitude. This is a John Maxwell quote here and can be interpreted in a number of different useful ways. One being if you have a positive attitude and a positive outlook then your life continues to climb and soar. If you have a negative attitude and a negative outlook then the ground is the limit.
5. You need people. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met that has done everything they could do to make it and they still aren’t quite there yet. My diagnosis is simple; they have done everything THEY can do. No man is an island, and no one can get anywhere by themselves. If the people around you are a problem then it’s just that, the people around you, not all people, don’t get it twisted or confused, you do need people.
More than a few of these ideas are addressed in the video blog section of this site which can be accessed by hovering over the Think Free Be Free Blog icon. Changes in philosophy in any of these five areas can result in a change in your life. Think about it and give it a go, the worse that can happen is you stay the same way you are now. Tell me your tips and what you think in the comments below, and remember to like and share this and other articles with your friends via the Twitter clicker or the Face book icon.